By using the Site you acknowledge and agree to be bound by the following Terms.
- Use of Site
- We grant you a non-exclusive right to use the Site in accordance with the terms and conditions set out herein.
- The Site contains links to other websites as well as content added by people other than us. We do not endorse, sponsor or approve any such user generated or any content available on any linked website.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- we retain complete editorial control over the Site;
- the Site will not operate on a continuous basis, and may be unavailable from time to time (including for maintenance purposes); and
- While Residential Settlements endeavours to take reasonable care in preparing and maintaining the information on this website we do not warrant the accuracy, reliability, adequacy or completeness of any of the website content. You acknowledge and accept that the website content may include technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. The website content is subject to change at any time without notice and may not necessarily be up to date or accurate at the time you view it.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Nothing in these Terms constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights. You acknowledge and agree that, as between you and us, we own all intellectual property rights in the Site.
- You consent to any act or omission which would otherwise constitute an infringement of your moral rights, and if you add any content in which any third party has moral rights, you must also ensure that the third party also consents in the same manner.
- You represent and warrant to us that:
- you have the legal capacity to enter these Terms; and
- you have complied with clause 5.
- You represent and warrant to us that:
- To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability in respect of loss of data, interruption of business or any consequential or incidental damages.
- To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, warranties or terms (whether express or implied) other than those expressly set out in these Terms.
- These Terms are to be read subject to any legislation which prohibits or restricts the exclusion, restriction or modification of any implied warranties, conditions or obligations. If such legislation applies, to the extent possible, we limit our liability in respect of any claim in the case of services to:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Interference with website
- You must not attempt to change, add to, remove, deface, hack or otherwise interfere with this website or any material or content displayed on the Site.
- You must not assign, sublicense or otherwise deal in any other way with any of your rights under these Terms.
- If a provision of these Terms are invalid or unenforceable it is to be read down or severed to the extent necessary without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the State of Western Australia, Australia. In the event that a dispute arises from these Terms, each of Residential Settlements and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Western Australia, Australia.
All material contained in the Residential Settlements website is provided as a general guide only. No material should be accepted as authoritative advice and any person wishing to act upon the material contained in this website should first contact Residential Settlements for properly considered advice which will take into account his or her own specific circumstances.
No responsibility is accepted for any action taken without advice, by readers of the material contained in this website.
The information on this site is not be considered as real estate, legal, tax, accounting or financial advice. For professional advice please contact your relevant agent or adviser.
Residential Settlements and its related entities responsible for maintaining this Internet site and its directors, officers and agents believe that all the information within this Internet site is correct.
However, no warranty is made as to accuracy or reliability of the information contained herein and Residential Settlements disclaims all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by any recipient through relying on anything contained in or omitted from the Site.
Work for Free Guarantee
Work for free guarantees aren’t new. For conveyancers in Western Australia, they are.
Residential Settlements guarantee that if your settlement doesn’t happen on time, we will not charge our Professional Service Fee. It’s that simple!
Hardly any conditions and no fine print.
Work for free – Residential Settlements will not charge our Professional Service Fee but we will charge the client for our costs and disbursements (including fees for the preparation of statutory declarations and applications), government and statutory charges, lending institution charges and charges from external providers.
- The “Work for Free” guarantee applies to settlements that do not settle on the settlement date or within the grace period.
- You must not have breached any of our terms and conditions by the time you wish to rely on the guarantee. Our terms and conditions are set out in the engagement letter that you accepted at the beginning of the settlement process.
- Exemptions to Work for Free Guarantee
- if you are entitled to collect penalty interest
- the delay in settlement is caused by:
- an error or other failure on the part of your bank
- you failing to return documents to us promptly or correctly signed
- if you deliberately delay settlement
- Environment or technical forces beyond our control e.g. widespread internet or power outage, fire, flood
There are no more conditions. No lengthy exclusions, no hidden clauses, no ‘fine print’. The guarantee is simple – we want clients to be extremely satisfied with our work and service. We will do what it takes (within reason) to keep you happy.