Marriage/De Facto Transfers

When you wish to add your spouse or de facto partner as an owner of your property, a Marriage/De Facto Transfer can be carried out.

Often, this can be done without incurring stamp duty – as long as the property is your residence and your spouse or de facto partner will become a joint tenant or tenant in common with equal shares.

Our team of experienced conveyancers can complete a Marriage/De Facto Transfer carefully and efficiently.
First, we’ll contact all parties involved to ensure we understand your unique circumstances. Then, we’ll:

Conduct the relevant title searches

Prepare an application for stamp duty exemption

Prepare the Transfer of Land and other required documentation

Have the Transfer stamped by the Office of State Revenue

Advise government authorities of the transfer

Lodge the documentation directly with Landgate – or if you have a mortgage on the property, we’ll attend settlement with your bank

When you work with Residential Settlements, all initial documentation will be completed within 48 hours. We’ll be ready to complete the transfer as soon as all documentation is signed, and your bank is ready to settle (if applicable).