Separation Transfers

When a domestic relationship separation occurs, a court order is sometimes issued, dictating how the couple’s property should be divided. In this situation, a Separation Transfer should be carried out to transfer the property into the appropriate names. We can also carry out a Separation Transfer if a court order is not issued.

Our team of experienced conveyancers can complete a Separation Transfer carefully and efficiently.
First, we’ll contact all parties involved to ensure we understand your unique circumstances. Then, we’ll:

Conduct the relevant title searches

Prepare the Transfer of Land and other required documentation

Have the Transfer stamped by the Office of State Revenue

Advise government authorities of the transfer

Lodge the documentation directly with Landgate – or if you have a mortgage on the property

We’ll attend settlement with your bank.

When you work with Residential Settlements, all initial documentation will be completed within 48 hours. We’ll be ready to complete the transfer as soon as all documentation is signed, and your bank is ready to settle (if applicable).