Following are some of the Frequently asked questions that we get.
If your query is still not resolved, please feel free to contact us.

Q: Where are you located?

Our office is directly across the road from the carpark at 170 Burswood Road, Burswood. Our central location allows us to get into the city quickly to sort out any settlement day issues.

Most clients prefer to have their paperwork delivered by email or post. However, if you’d rather complete your settlement paperwork face-to-face you’re welcome to visit our office.

Yes. The first hour of parking is free in the car park directly across the road from our office. There’s also a 15-minute visitor’s bay underneath our building. It’s available most of the time.

Yes. We’re registered with PEXA and are able to complete your settlement online, subject to all parties to the transaction participating.

No. Part of our job is helping you through the process of obtaining your finance and your building inspection reports. Any delay in sending us your contract can prove costly.

No. We attend settlement on your behalf. As soon as settlement is complete we will call you to let you know.

Our quote includes our Professional Service Fee along with an estimate of all statutory and government charges that we expect to incur on your behalf. We provide these estimates as accurately as possible based on the information we have available to us at the time of providing your quote.

Where your circumstances require us to perform additional work we will seek your instructions prior to completing the additional work or incurring any additional expense. A full list of our fees and charges can be found here.

Our Professional Service Fee is paid on settlement as a deduction from your settlement proceeds.

There is nothing to pay up front.

Any funds required to complete your settlement must be deposited into our trust account at least 5 working days prior to settlement.

It’s best to send your contract through right away. That way we can monitor the progress of your contract conditions.

Landgate regulations require that all registered proprietors and buyers have their identities verified prior to the registration of any instrument that changes the ownership of land in Western Australia. A full explanation of Landgate’s VOI requirements can be found here.

No. We don’t charge for opening your file. If your contract comes to an end as a result of your finance being declined we’ll close your file and it won’t cost you a cent.

Yes. If you believe we’re not representing your interests let us know and we’ll happily assist you to move to another agency.

The short answer is No.

Settlement agents are only permitted to act for both parties if they have their written consent to do so.

And, even when consent has been granted, if a conflict arises between the buyer and seller the settlement agent may be required to resign their authority to act for one or both parties.

That could leave you hunting for a new settlement agent late in the settlement process.

Independent advice costs no more and can save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

Lawyers are important allies when you’re in dispute with the other party or if your contract contains complex clauses that are difficult to understand.

But in most cases simple professional advice is all you’ll ever need to help you through to settlement.

And in the event that things turn ugly we’ll happily refer you to a lawyer who specialises in all things property.