Paper checklist with hand holding pen

You’re a first home buyer IF you fit the FHOG Criteria.

Once that’s established here are some steps you may want to take.

This process needs to be done in stages. We’re happy to be your guide if needed.

So what happens next?

  • You make an offer to purchase a property with a real estate agent
  • The agent sends the Offer & Acceptance to your nominated settlement agent. Hopefully that’s us.
  • Take the Offer & Acceptance to your bank or finance broker and apply for finance approval.
  • Your bank will help you with the 16 page First Home Owner Grant approval form
  • Your bank will send this to the Office of State Revenue for their approval
  • The Office of State Revenue will make a decision once they assess your form.
  • The First Home Owner Grant is issued to your bank and then they advise your settlement agent of the funds being available
  • The Office of State Revenue will send you a letter and a form to be completed and returned to your settlement agent so you will be given the Stamp Duty at the reduced rate. This form contains a special Unique Identification Number (UIN).
  • The 3 documents are all presented to the State Revenue Department by your settlement agent for stamping.
  • The First Home Owner Rate Form for Stamp Duty, the executed Transfer of Land and the Offer & Acceptance contract

Lastly. Did you know you may be eligible for the Home Buyers Assistance Account IF you fit the criteria?


Image by Alan Cleaver Flickr