When FIRB approval is needed, extra care needs to be taken when writing real estate contracts.

How a foreign buyer will affect settlement

When a foreign non-resident or temporary resident buys property in Australia, a special condition needs to be included in the Offer and Acceptance to prevent problems down the track. Almost all residential purchases entered into by a person who is not ordinarily a resident in Australia (known as a ‘foreign person’), or by a temporary …